Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Why Do You Want Recovery?

When I was really struggling with my eating disorder, I would always remind myself of the things that would come with recovery.  Why I wanted recovery--to be healthy, happy, build/restore relationships, start new plans in life.  But my Eating Disorder kept me away from those things. It kept me isolated and made me sick, so I couldn't do things. It was a struggle, as I know you know, to get the E.D. voice out of my head and replace it with those thoughts of the good things that recovery stands for.  I got my passion back for writing, I got to spend more time with my family who is wonderful, I went out with friends, and I wasn't afraid anymore.  So if you are struggling, remind yourself of that.  That you are doing this for you and all the beautiful things that come with recovery.  You are all strong, and this is a fight worth fighting.

Today, ask yourself, why do you want recovery?  Don't forget how bad you want it, and know that you have the strength to acheive it.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment